Katra town is located at an altitude of nearly 2500 ft above sea level while the sanctum sanctorum is located at nearly 5200 ft. above sea level. There is obviously a significant temperature difference between the two locations. A reference to the Vaishno Devi Weather temperature of Katra town alone may thus be misleading, for, even at the height of summer, the Vaishno Devis Bhawan area may be considerably cool. For this purpose, a chart outlining the broad range of summer and winter temperatures at both Katra Town and Vaishno Devis Bhawan is outlined below.
The Katra Town temperature figures are merely indicative and actual values may vary from year to year. Nevertheless, these values are meant to give the pilgrims a fair idea of the temperature range and to plan their yatra and clothing requirements accordingly.
The Vaishno Devi Weather Temperature is a place which is cool all through the year.
1) Summers (March to July) are cool and pleasant and most of the pilgrims visit the Mata Vaishno Devi during this period.
2) Winters (November to February) are characterized by sub-zero level temperature and are snow bound.
3) Best Season to visit Vaishno Devi is between March and October, even though Vaishno Devi yatra is open through the year.
4) March to October is ideal for Vasishno Devi yatra and sight seeing.
5) November to February is freezing and is perfect for tourists who like snow capped regions.